Watermelon Consulting‘s Founder and CEO – Alex McCardell always reminds at work:
“Kindness is the driving force that navigate and determines our destiny.”
Why do you need “kindness”?
Caring for and supporting each other in the workplace creates a ripple wave that affect general levels of positivity, lighten the mood, and motivate each person around you.
Besides, kindness brings many health benefits such as:
- Lowers blood pressure: The act of humaneness builds feelings of warmth which release a hormone called oxytocin. This helps lower blood pressure and improve overall heart strength.
- Pain relief: Goodwill produces endorphins to remove all the brain’s natural pain.
- Reduce isolation: Sweetness encourage others to be in contact with people surround them.
- Turn down anxiety: Generous acts can revamp mentality because they stimulate serotonin production. This pleasant chemical will heal your wounds, calm you down, and make you happy!
- Reduces worry: Sympathetic people have 23% less cortisol (known as the stress hormone).
Thanks to external health “fed” by inner kindness, you have an ideal life.
The secret to have a “pink” working week
Helping co-workers with small things like making tea, opening doors or setting up desks are “signal” of benevolence in you. In addition, you can also apply 3 simple ways below:
1. Get to know each colleagues you’ve met. Send them messages at your leisure. Take the time to build connections, stay in touch with them, and do not be afraid to show they are important to you.
2. Practise the habit of giving sincere praise. Express gratitude when other people support you enthusiastically. Avoid judging basing on your own opinions. Only focus on skills and team collaboration.
3. Contribute by your presence. Starting from appearance, posture, behaviour, to etiquette. Prevent wearing slippers if you recognise there is going to be a mandatory meeting. Remember to keep a proper distance between superiors and subordinates.
Every day, spread the message of friendship, act of compassion so that everyone feels encouraged and appreciated. You can do it if you try today!